North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper said he will start phase one of reopening the state this Friday, May 8.
We have flattened the curve, but we have not eliminated COVID-19, Cooper said.
PHASE ONE INCLUDES:
- Stay-at-home order remains in place, but people are allowed to leave to shop.
- Retailers will need to implement social distancing and cleaning protocols.
- Gatherings limited to no more than 10 people.
- Parks reopen with gathering limits.
- Masks and face coverings recommended in public.
- Teleworking encouraged.
- Restrictions on nursing homes and long-term care facilities remain in place.
To be honest with you, phase one is no different than what we are already dealing with. But you can look at it in a positive way are saying we are moving closer to fully reopening.
Cooper said the stay-at-home order will remain in effect.