Thursday, June 13, 2024

1st lawsuit filed against Sushi Nine after more than more than 200 customers got ill after eating at the restaraunt

Share

Austin Freels filed a lawsuit against Sushi Nine in Raleigh, North Carolina after he got so sick he had to leave his wedding rehearsal dinner to go to the hospital.

Sushi Nine on Western Blvd in Raleigh, North Carolina.

A groom preparing to marry his bride said who said he got ill after eating at Sushi Nine, located at 3812 Western Blvd in Raleigh, North Carolina, has filed a federal lawsuit against the restaurant.

Nearly 300 people reportedly became ill after eating at Sushi Nine in Raleigh

In his complaint, Austin Freels stated that he dined at Sushi Nine with his family on November 29th. According to the lawsuit, Freels became so ill that he had to leave his wedding rehearsal dinner for the hospital. He told the courts that he continued to experience the effects of the Norovirus throughout his wedding weekend.

241 people became sick after eating at Sushi Nine in Raleigh. First cases were reported on November 30.

Wake County health officials were first alerted on November 30 about the restaurant causing illness. Sushi Nine voluntarily closed for 48 hours to conduct a deep clean after a report was made to the health department against them.

The restaurant that caused illness in 241 people has reopened.

Health officials in Wake County say the outbreak is still a mystery because they cannot pinpoint the exact menu item responsible for the virus outbreak, as multiple food items were reported.

Plantiff says he lost 8 pounds after becoming sick after eating at Sushi Nine

In his lawsuit, Freels stated that he lost 8 pounds. He said he experienced nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramping, muscle aches, fatigue, headache, severe abdominal pain, and dehydration.

He is seeking compensation from Sushi Nine to cover his medical bills, wage loss, travel expenses, and emotional distress.

Students at A&T in Greensboro are sick after mold found in dorm rooms, school under fire

More than 200 people who dined at Sushi Nine between November 29 and December 5 are still being interviewed as part of an ongoing investigation into the spread of the illness to a large number of individuals.

3 people who ate at Sushi Nine tested positive for Norovirus after giving stool sample

Wake County officials reported that they tested three individuals using stool samples. These individuals had dined at Sushi Nine, and their test results returned positive for the norovirus.

Norovirus is a highly contagious virus that can lead to symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, and stomach pain.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Gerald Jackson
Gerald Jacksonhttps://www.instagram.com/iiamgj/
Hi, my name is Gerald Jackson and I am 28-years-old. I was born and raised in Troy, Alabama. I currently reside in North Carolina. I am a Journalist, Influencer, Content Creator, and a Man of Faith! I don't shy away from the truth, always speak my mind, and before I take anything back, I'll add more to it. Follow me on my social media below to keep up with my personal life. LOL!

Read more

Everybody's reading