Fantasia’s dad responds after the singer publicly posted his mugshot, escalating a growing family dispute involving Kendall Taylor and financial allegations.
After Fantasia Barrino Taylor publicly blasted her father and posted his mugshot online Wednesday, Joseph Barrino is now responding — and he’s doubling down.
And he did it exclusively with The North Carolina Beat.
HOW WE GOT HERE
Over the weekend, Joseph Barrino went viral after criticizing Fantasia’s husband, Kendall Taylor, for publicly getting down on one knee during a Houston concert and “re-proposing” with an 11-carat diamond ring.
Joseph called the moment:
“Fake Cry Bull Crap… he’s giving back some of the missing money the fired financial committee says he probably stole…”
But things escalated fast.
FANTASIA POSTS DAD’S MUGSHOT
On Wednesday, Fantasia clapped back — and she did NOT hold back.
She posted what appeared to be a Guilford County mugshot of her father and wrote:
“I wasn’t going to do this, but this has gotten out of hand. Joseph Barrino, I can’t even call you dad or a father. You are a donor. We have covered for you long enough. My mom and me have made you look like you were an okay man, but now you have come for my king.”
She continued:
“How can someone steal if I, Fantasia Taylor, is the CEO and my King Kendall Taylor is the president of all our companies?”
And then she ended it with:
“Tonight I shall help you finish the war you started.”
JOSEPH RESPONDS
Joseph tells The NC Beat he expected her to respond — but says he was “trying to rescue her, not attack her.”
“It’s amazing she would pull up a mugshot of something that happened last year and post it. I wasn’t after her. I was trying to come to rescue her because I love her.”
But then he flipped the script.
“You put up a mugshot of me… now what you need to put up is mugshots of the man you’re sleeping with because his record is much worse than mine.”
Joseph went on to allege that Kendall has a felony record and previously served prison time.
“He’s a felon. I think he did eight to ten years.”
He also referenced allegations of past financial issues involving Kendall, though he admitted some of his information was based on what he was told.
THE MONEY ALLEGATIONS
Joseph previously claimed that a financial person in Fantasia’s camp confronted Kendall about missing money and was later fired.
When asked about Fantasia’s defense — that she is CEO and Kendall is president of their companies — Joseph said:
“When the lady was investigating him, he had no answer. And the next thing you know, she was fired. So what does that tell you?”
He maintains he is not attacking his daughter, but trying to protect her.
“I love Fantasia. I don’t want your money. I don’t need your money. I’m good. God got me. The only thing I’m trying to get you to do is wake up.”
THE BOOK LAWSUIT BACKSTORY
Joseph also revisited the long-discussed lawsuit surrounding Fantasia’s memoir.
He claims he initially challenged the publisher over statements about him and his parents — but says he later dropped the case when told it could financially impact his daughter.
“They told me if I won, they would come back and sue Fantasia. I said no. I’mma drop the case. That’s my daughter.”
He insists he never wanted money — only to clear his name.
“SHE CUT ME OFF”
Joseph says the estrangement didn’t come from him.
“When the celebrity part came into our life, I didn’t cut her off. She cut me off.”
He described feeling blocked out of her life and misunderstood as simply a “crying father.”
“Nobody can judge me till they put these shoes on.”
The allegations made by Joseph Barrino during this interview are his claims and have not been independently verified by The North Carolina Beat. All individuals mentioned are presumed innocent of any wrongdoing unless proven otherwise.
WHERE THIS STANDS NOW
Fantasia has indicated she plans to go live and further address the situation.
Joseph says he won’t be silenced.
“If I fight this battle and don’t win, I will in the end.”
We’ll keep you updated.
