Durham police say man is not involved in Raleigh 17-year-old Shania Teasley case

Must Read

North Carolina finally moves into Phase 3 of reopening, with restrictions

Those who have hated Governor Roy Cooper over the last few months because he continued to keep North Carolina...

Raleigh, N.C. mayor says mostly White people vandalized downtown businesses Saturday night

The Mayor of Raleigh, North Carolina, released a statement Sunday morning condemning the destruction of local businesses downtown Saturday...

Reports say Trump only paid $750 in taxes to the federal govt. in 2016 and $750 his first year in office

The President of The United States is getting himself in a lot of "Bad" trouble. It seems like every...
Gerald Jacksonhttps://thencbeat.com
Hi, my name is Gerald Jackson and I am 24-years-old. I was born and raised in Troy, Alabama. I currently reside in North Carolina. I am a Journalist, Influencer, Content Creator, and a Man of Faith! I have been blogging for 4 years and I love it! I don't shy away from the truth, always speak my mind, and before I take anything back, I'll add more to it. Follow me on my social media below to keep up with my personal life. LOL!

Send me your story to gjackson@thencbeat.com

Follow me on Twitter @geraldjblessed


The North Carolina Beat has learned that 23-year-old Josiah Shoffner, of Durham, NC was not involved in the April 3rd disappearance of 17-year-old Shaniah Matia Teasley.

17-year-old Shaniah Teasley

The Durham Police Department confirmed to The North Carolina Beat today, April 8, that Mr. Shoffner has not been charged, nor is he a suspect or person of interest, in the alleged kidnapping despite being named by Teasley, who claimed that he was the man she was with when she disappeared from her home, the first time, on April 3.

Kammie Michael, Durham Police Public Information Officer sent me the email below:

Hello Mr. Jackson, Kimberle Walker sent me your request. Mr. Shoffner is not charged n connection with the case you mentioned

As previously reported, Teasley was reported missing by her mother, Niesha Teasley, and safely returned home on the same day, only to again go missing again that same night. She was gone from April 3 until April 7th the second time she went missing.

The North Carolina Beat spoke with Niesha regarding her daughter’s disappearance on April 7 and during the call, which was recorded and will be available to listen below, Shaniahs aunt received a phone call from Shaniah who claimed that she called to let them know that she was safe.

The call from the teen was placed on speaker so that Niesha could speak with her daughter as well and they were told by Shaniah that she was not returning home nor would she give them any information as to her whereabouts or whom she was with.

LISTEN TO THE CALL BELOW:

Later that evening, on April 7, a citizen called in a tip to the Durham Police Department informing them that she had seen Shaniah outside the Hometown Studios Raleigh-Durham Hotel. Officers responded to the scene, made contact with Shaniah and immediately informed her mother that she had been located.

Prior to Shaniah’s safe return, Niesha, as well as an unarmed member of the family, both received text messages, from someone claiming to be the person who was holding Shaniah. They demanded $7000 for the girl’s release and stated that if this demand was not met, she would die.

The ransom demand texts continued to be sent to Niesha even after Shaniah was back in her mother’s custody.

Hear my response below:

At this time, there are no suspects or persons of interest in this case but the investigation is ongoing. If you have any information regarding Shaniah’s kidnaping, please call the Durham Police Department or Crimestoppers.

Don't miss another juicy story!

Enter your email address to subscribe to The NC Beat and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 46,291 other subscribers






0
0
vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

North Carolina finally moves into Phase 3 of reopening, with restrictions

Those who have hated Governor Roy Cooper over the last few months because he continued to keep North Carolina...

Raleigh, N.C. mayor says mostly White people vandalized downtown businesses Saturday night

The Mayor of Raleigh, North Carolina, released a statement Sunday morning condemning the destruction of local businesses downtown Saturday night during a protest. Mayor Mary-Ann...

Reports say Trump only paid $750 in taxes to the federal govt. in 2016 and $750 his first year in office

The President of The United States is getting himself in a lot of "Bad" trouble. It seems like every time anyone does something or...

VIDEO: Two employees who assaulted Black woman at Brothers store in Kinston, N.C. arrested

An assault on a Black woman that happened Friday night at a store in Kinston led protesters urging customers not to spend their money...

Raleigh mayor imposes curfew for 11 p.m. ahead of massive protests

The Mayor of Raleigh, North Carolina, has issued a curfew starting Saturday at 11:00 p.m. Mary-Ann Baldwin announced the decision Saturday morning to impose a curfew that will last until 5:00 a.m. Sunday morning....
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -

Don't miss another juicy story!

Enter your email address to subscribe to The NC Beat and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 46,291 other subscribers

0 0 vote
Article Rating
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x